The 2024 Guide to California’s Music Festivals: From Reggae Rhythms to Indie Beats
DImmerse yourself organically in the heart of California’s music culture with festivals for every taste, from the laid-back rhythms of reggae to the electrifying beats of electronic dance music, creating a unique sonidoclash experience.
California Vibes: A Reggae Revival
CRSSD Festival: An Electronic Odyssey
Festivals With a Twist
These festivals break the mold, offering unique blends of genres and unforgettable settings that stand out in California’s crowded festival landscape.
Stagecoach: A Country Spectacle
- Experience: Just when you thought Indio had seen it all with Coachella, Stagecoach takes over to showcase the best in country music, from legends to contemporary chart-toppers.
- Lineup Lure: Featuring a mix of artists like Chris Stapleton and Miranda Lambert alongside ZZ Top, Stagecoach is an eclectic celebration of music.
- Pro Tip: Despite being sold out, joining the waitlist or exploring resale options could be your ticket to this unparalleled country music fest.
BeachLife Festival: SoCal’s Best Kept Secret
- Vibe: Offering more than just great music, BeachLife Festival combines the laid-back lifestyle of Southern California with performances by Sting, Incubus, and My Morning Jacket.
- Unique Offerings: Aside from diverse musical acts, enjoy gourmet food, art installations, and beach activities that make the most of its coastal location.
- Attendance Advice: With its growing popularity, securing tickets early is advisable to experience this blend of music, culture, and seaside relaxation.
Step back in time or relive the glory days of past decades with festivals that cater to the nostalgic at heart, celebrating genres and artists that defined their eras.
Cruel World: Reliving the ’80s
- Ambiance: A day filled with the iconic sounds of the ’80s, Cruel World Festival is a haven for fans of New Wave, goth, and post-punk.
- Must-Sees: Duran Duran and Blondie headline, promising performances that transport you back to the days of vinyl and leather jackets.
- Why Attend? For the atmosphere as much as the music, Cruel World offers a unique blend of nostalgia and live performance excellence.
Just Like Heaven: A Millennial’s Dream
- Festival Feel: Catering to the indie and alternative rock that defined the early 2000s, Just Like Heaven is a tribute to the era of MySpace and mixtapes.
- Top Picks: The Postal Service and Phoenix lead a lineup that’s a who’s who of millennial indie favorites.
- Insider Info: This festival is known for its intimate atmosphere, making it the perfect place to enjoy your favorite songs alongside fellow music lovers.
Festival Quick Guide
Festival Quick Guide
|Gwen Stefani, Sublime
|Armand Van Helden, Richie Hawtin
|Chris Stapleton, Miranda Lambert
|Sold Out; Waitlist $724 GA
|’80s, New Wave
|Duran Duran, Blondie
|Just Like Heaven
|The Postal Service, Phoenix